Friday, September 10, 2010

Blog #4: "Only Girl In The World"


This week Rihanna has found a good spot on not only fan's "Most Played Playlist," but also the top of the charts. Rihanna's hot new single "Only Girl In The World" has reached number three on the Billboard's Hot 100 charts, which is seventy-two higher spots since it premiered last week ago. The first week the song was released over 249,000 fans downloaded the songs onto their iTunes library. It also places number one on the Digital Songs charts. 


My personal take on the song is that I actually like it. For something that's mainstream it has both a catchy beat and actual substance to the song. And it's not one of those songs that only girls would listen to, but something my guy friends do as well. Rihanna has is known for her songs that defy normal pop and mainstream music standards. I do believe Rihanna has an everlasting spot on the top of most female RnB and hip-hop artists unless she were to suddenly disappear and stop making hit songs that express both love and life. 


Link to listen to "Only Girl In The World":
Only Girl In The World - Rihanna

1 comment:

  1. Comment #2
    I honestly don't really listen to Rihanna, but this is one of the very few songs that I like from her. I agree with your thoughts about it.

    ReplyDelete